Thursday, May 18, 2017

studio style

When you work for yourself and by yourself, it is really tempting to spend all day every day in pajamas. I love fashion but many mornings I have to talk myself into getting dressed. I do it anyway and always end up feeling so much better and like a regular working girl. 
While everyday is different for me- somedays I am painting in the studio, other days I am sewing, then I'm out and about taking photos, then back home for DIY projects, then back to the studio to paint- I try to at least pull some kind of outfit together. They are not always the most stylish but I figure when you are self employed and an artist you don't have to follow any rules- pattern mixing, paint covered pants, bare feet and hats are all welcome in my work place. As long as I am not wearing pajamas in public I am a happy gal!





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Agree 100%. I always have a more positive day that feels more productive if I put in a little effort on the fashion front.

Melissa @ Sweet As Texas Honey said...

Yes, I always feel better when I have "real" clothes on. How do you handle the paint wardrobe from your regular wardrobe? I always feel like I get paint on my nice clothes so I have to have a separate art friendly set of clothes.

Dorlene Durham said...

I love your style. Definitely shows you are an artist. Paint splattered clothes are awesome! LOL

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!Very interesting post... Beautiful pictures...Thanks! And shop kids fashion online india

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails