Monday, October 31, 2016
Thursday, October 27, 2016
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Tuesday, October 25, 2016
As many of you know, I LOVE shrink plastic! There are so many different ways to use it and one of my favorites is using it to make rings. With Halloween right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to make some rings that had a little bit of a spooky (but not too spooky) twist!
Eyes are totally trending right now and I thought they would be the perfect imagery for my rings. I starting by drawing some really bold and graphic eyes on my shrink plastic. Shrink plastic comes in all kinds of colors and my favorite is back because you can use a white paint pen for some really high contrast drawings.
Next I cut them out and baked them in the oven according to the directions.
I removed the eyes from the oven I glued them (using a heavy duty glue) to ring backs.
The result are simple but BOLD rings that add a tiny touch of Halloween to an outfit!
Looking for more ring inspiration?
wood burned rings shrink plastic rings stone statement ring faux turquoise ring colorful clay statement rings flower rings
Monday, October 24, 2016
Looking for more pumpkin decorating inspiration?
You can read all about what I call "the art of decorating a pumpkin" HERE
check out all of the different pumpkin decorating tutorials below!
Thursday, October 20, 2016
LIVE October 24th
register for class HERE
ABOUT MY ONLINE CLASSES:
There are many online workshops out there at different prices with different content. Back in 2009, when I decided to offer an online learning option, I set out to create a structure that is similar to taking a "live" class from me. My mission is to provide an affordable class with a learning environment where you are watching lots of demos, learning techniques and then creating on your own art.
- I have three different structures of online classes:
Large Class: These classes are $50 and have 5 lessons that include videos, photos, written information, prompts and more. My large format classes dive deep into a variety of techniques, projects and information.
Mini Class: My mini classes cost $30 and have 3 lessons that include videos, photos, written information, prompts and more.
Micro Class: These classes cost $15 and have 1 lesson that includes videos, photos, written information, prompts and more.
- My classes are a combination of video learning (with demos, techniques and me talking) and lots of photo steps outs of inspiration, techniques and process.
- All classes are all filmed in my studio. Since 2009 I have been tweaking my gear and my process with the hope that video/photo content gets better and better. My #1 goal is to provide inspiring lessons and visuals that are easy to understand.
- My classes do NOT have a required supply list. Instead I share the supplies that I like to use and then give you a variety of options and inspiration to use supplies that work best for your process and your budget.
- All of my classes have unlimited access which means that once you register you can create and access at any time and work at your own pace. Whenever I "release" a new class- I release each lesson "live". Many people enjoy working in this format, as the lessons are posted each week but once all information gets posted there is unlimited time to access everything. I have found that some people prefer to work along with the live format when I release a new class, while others will wait months until they have the time, money and the schedule to register for the class. Either way works- just know that once you are in- there is no deadline or pressure to create.
Leave me a comment.
Let me know your favorite supply to create with.
I'll randomly select 5 winners and announce them at the bottom of this post end of the day Friday.
UPDATE WITH WINNERS!
email me at email@example.com and I will get you access to class!