Friday, October 10, 2014

fashion friday- canvas glasses pouch




I've worn glasses since I was fifteen and while I tend to wear my contacts most of the time, I have always loved expressing myself with unique and fashionable frames. But I've got a little problem...I treat my glasses TERRIBLE! I toss then in my purse, store them in a drawer and pretty much never use a case.


Typically I shop for glasses at my local optometrist but when luxury eyewear brand David Kind asked if I would like to try their "shop at home experience", I jumped at the chance to select frames in a new and wonderful way. After a stylist selected 6 frames for me to try at home,they arrived at my doorstep and I picked out a new pair of glasses. 

These new glasses were just too darn nice to throw in my purse so I decided enough was enough! I need some cases to store my glasses so I got busy making my own.
Making a case for glasses is just about the easiest project that a sewer of any level can tackle- all you need is to know how to sew a straight stitch!




I grabbed scraps of my painted canvas to create a handful of really colorful and expressive little cases.

I cut them to size. Mine measured 5 X 6.5 inches- a little bigger than I needed because I wanted the cases to also be used for sunglasses. Optional: line the inside of your canvas with fleece or felt.

I folded the canvas in half (so they measure 2.5 x 6.5 inches) and sewed up the side and the bottom! SO simple!




The result are cute and colorful cases that are sure to keep my glasses in better shape!





glasses c/o David Kind



4 comments:

Elisabetta Brustio said...

Non ho questo problema con gli occhiali... Da quando avevo 13 anni li porto sul mio naso e non posso farne a meno! Sono una parte di me e del mio viso, non riesco a vedermi senza!!! (in tutti i sensi!!!) Potresti studiare anche una montatura degli occhiali con le tue fantasie???

I d'not have this problem with glasses.... Since I was 13 I carry them on my nose and I can not help it! They are a part of me and of my face, I can not see myself without !!! (in all senses !!!)
You might also consider a frame of the glasses with your fantasies ???

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

a REALLY fun idea!

Patricia said...

Very cute. I made something like that with my passport, nut to colorful as your. I try to make photo.

Andria said...

This is such a simple project, and turns out cute AND useful...an all-around win! Thanks for sharing. I definitely need to give my sunglasses some better TLC.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails