Tuesday, November 11, 2008

This Guy...


This guy is a veteran? Looking at my husband today it is hard to guess that he served in the military - he has long hair, lots of facial hair, very liberal and is in fact celebrating today by surfing!! But yes, my hubby served this country for five years- his formative years actually as Search and Rescue in the Navy- he jumped out of helicopters, swam a lot, traveled the world, learned leadership skills, discipline, went a little wild and did all kinds of things that I will never understand or relate to. While he is a VERY different person today at 32 than when he enlisted at 18, there is something that will never change and that is how profound the experience of serving this country was for him. I am not typically very vocal about my patriotism (perhaps I need to work on this?) but today I feel like I must say thank you to my husband and the all the others who made the decision to serve their country. My gratitude.

2 comments:

brianna said...

Awww...that's so sweet of you to proclaim. You guys are such an amazing couple.

Deborah Boschert said...

Ah... here I am coming to this post three years after it was originally published and I'm a little weepy. It means so much to ME, as a Navy wife, to read about your experience and your gratitude. So, thank YOU for sharing it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails