Wednesday, November 19, 2008

No Wonder I've Got Issues!!!

My morning took a turn for the worse when I lifted my arm up to fix my hair and there went my back- ohhh the pain!  Since this happens more often than I would like- I knew if I hobbled down to the floor, turned on my heating pad and laid down- I would feel better.  And as I lay on my back, staring up at the ceiling in pain I thought about how every time things in my life get a little out of control, too busy, not enough balance- my body never fails to put the breaks on!  I am only 33 and I typically struggle with back issues every couple of months and it ALWAYS happens when I don't take care of myself.  In the past I have blogged about how I paint on the ground, crawling around on the floor, when I sew I sit at the machine for hours, and I work a day job where I wear heels and am in front of a computer all day- all are a terrible combo for my back.  I spent about 5 hours on floor this morning and have decided it is time to take better care of myself- it makes no sense to work like a crazy person, in crazy positions to the point of not being able to move.  I have compiled a handful of studio shot taken of me in action and I cannot believe this is how I have been spending hours and hours working- no wonder I've got issues!!! I must figure out a better way to work hard and a better way to create!  





4 comments:

brianna said...

Alisa! That's the worst! You do need to find a better way. Don't they make ergonomic easels or something? Not chastizing you though...I am the same way. I have my handy little heating pad right now actually. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Alisa,
free consult--believe you are
experiencing back pain from
pressure points at your back,neck
that are not released. I'm an
artist and RN-kept having problems
till physical therapist clued me
in. I now use a Homedics back massager and a tool called a BacknobberII after my hot shower
at night. You can learn about pressure points online and how to
release them. IT WORKS!!!! You just
have to be vigilant.
I love your work so take care of
your back!!!
Missy from the bayou

Anonymous said...

you need to get yourself a big-ass table that is is about rib height so you're not LEANING so much! Get a stool to sit on and that'll save some back pain too!

hope you're ok babe xo

Jaime Fletcher said...

Hi Alisa....I too am 33 and have been plagued (did I spell that right?) with back problems from leaning over tables, floors or children! I started practicing power yoga and in one month I forgot my back was supose to hurt. It changed my life...It takes some time out of your week...but its a life saver.

p.s...your art work is breath-taking... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails