Monday, September 29, 2008

Look Ma...I've Gone Green!


So I am officially tired of Michaels, JoAnns, brand names, spending money on all kinds of supplies and products that really don't make me any more creative or that I even really need!  I have so much junk in my studio that I thought I would use and never have...which might explain this super duper "green" kick that I have been on.  We have a pile of junk mail and advertisements in the mail & with  little paint on the surface they are primed and ready for drawing. We have a drawer full of plastic bags & with an iron to fuse them they become sturdy fabric to paint on and sew with.... One of my favorite artists Basquiat often didn't have money for canvas (because he spent a lot of time homeless) and would use pieces of cardboard to draw and paint on which were later exhibited in galleries.  I have always loved this concept- going back to basics, creating with simples materials and letting your artistic ability shine through the materials.  I have decided that I am not okay anymore with being wasteful and I am redefining my materials forever! And with that  I have another clutch made from plastic bags to share...


3 comments:

Crafty Mommy said...

That is such a great looking bag! I'm all for re-use and recycle. And there is nothing better than being stopped by someone admiring your re-created piece and knowing it's plastic!!

violette said...

Wow Alisa......this is a beautiful clutch! Bravo for going green!

Love, Violette

Carla Trujillo said...

Your work with plastic is awesome!
Just how durable are the plastic bags when you fuse them together?
For a couple of years I have been using plastic bags in creating my art dolls.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails